DNA matters

Friday, November 10, 2006

I was just thinking, that there are times in life when we somewhat lose track of the amount of love our parents have for us. Its happened to me for sure and that really made me concerned. How on Earth could such a thing happen. I started feeling deeply guilty of the the sin of non-perception of a love so fundamentally profound and deep and so I went into deep thought. I thought and I thought and then I sort of had it all figured out. The lines that follow describe the little revelation that I had:

An Ocean of love

A few foes I have in life,
And the mirror on the wall is one of them.
For every time I look at it,
It looks back at me consumed with spite.
It says to me, you are a wretch,
Why, why else would you not perceive
The love that for you, your parents feel.
The mirror on the wall has me convinced,
But then I say to myself,
Can the fish ever know what water is?
Can the bird in the air be aware
What is it, that keeps it floating up there?
Your love to me my dear Ma and Pa,
Is what the water is, to the fish,
It is what the air is to the bird,
It is the dimensions of my life, first, second and third.
Without it my life cannot be defined,
Without it I know not who I am,
Without it there is nothing,
Not an iota, not a speck, not a bit left behind.
So I hope you forgive me,
For I have committed this felony,
Of being so unaware,
Of your endless ocean of love and care.
And I hope that you understand,
That my blindness to you stems from the fact,
That you are the eyes through which I see,
And that there is nothing but you,
That I can call ‘me’.
-Anur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home